Monday, September 14, 2009

Prelude to Lake Powell

I have to admit I was not all that excited about going. We had found out that Jon (Scott's Dad) had remarried and didn't want anyone to know, we couldn't help but wonder what she was going to be like (hopefully better then the last). A divorce was going on and both parents were going to be there, was it going to get ugly because we are all trapped (so to say) on a small house boat? Will Scott and I do something wrong, again, to tick the siblings off that usually stints from insecurities and things that are perceived that we are causing? These were the worries on my mind. My family was headed to the mountains to celebrate my Dad's 60th without us and I was bummed. I flat out had a bad attitude. I was tired of felling betrayed by those I thought new me better and wished they could see we would not intentionally be vindictive. I tried to have a good attitude and told myself that Scott was always around my family and it was his turn to be with his family. I was the fair thing to do, besides he LOVES Lake Powell. We are getting ready to go and I get sick. Which by the way doesn't help the attitude. I go to Urgent Care to make sure I don't have strep, which I don't, and head out of town. So, how does the trip go?...

1 comment:

The Nielson's said...

Terrible!!! It was the worst trip ever!!!