Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

It was a fun weekend with lots of family and friends. I always love extra days with Scott and the kids, but today I wanted to post about a few things I was feeling especially grateful for this weekend. I just wanted to let my family and anyone else who has served in the armed forces or is married (or even a sweet heart) to someone who has served. I am thankful for the freedoms I have and the lifestyle and religious beliefs I am able to have. I am thankful for my Papa serving when he was younger and the sacrifices he made to allow us to have everything we do. I am thankful for Nanny and how strong her love for him is to wait and worry about her loved one away at war. I know I don't know a lot about the time he served, but I love the stories he has been willing to share (I think I just love to listen about his and Nanny's lives and their love story. They still have a strong love to rival almost all today). I am thankful for my brother Andrew giving up so much of his time and missing out on moments of his children growing. I thank Steph for stepping up and being both parents when he is gone, and not an easy task to do. I couldn't do it, plain and simple. I am much to dependant on Scott and I admire your strength. You guys are raising beautiful children (inside and out). I should note, I do think that of all my family, but it is true. So in closing THANK YOU.