Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Intentions

I am full of good intentions of getting things done and never get to it. That is my life, but I guess I figure there will be time later and this summer is no exception. I have been meaning to get caught up on blogging, but we all know I won't. I have just been trying to enjoy the short lived time with the kids home and no extra activities to make me even more crazy. I had planned on having a relaxed summer and getting on top of things around the house, needless to say that did not happen. Since I doubt I will ever getting to blogging about all that we did for our "low key" summer, I decided to make a list

-Scout Camp
-Strep Throat
-Scott's Tri in Price (come home injured)
-Girl's week in Purgatory,day after getting home, and really only a few days :(
-Turn around head to Idaho
-Stop and get a new Wedding Ring :)
-Baptism for Chloe
-Baby Blessing for Seth
-Fireworks galore
-Watching Scott and Richard dual with Roman Candles (a riot)
-Hot Springs
-Head home
-Swim, Swim and Swim some more
-Catching a cold
-Play with friends
-Head to Nana's for a week
-Back to school shopping
-Crafting
-Scott's tri in Durango
-Connie Mack
-More swimming

It has been a crazy busy summer and that is the way I like it. I could have cleaned my house, but let's face it the mess will stay there. My kids are growing up way too fast and will be gone before I know it. I may regret the mess at home for a moment, but I will cherish the memories with my kids forever. And even though I badly need a break, I appreciate every moment I get to spend with my kids.

2 comments:

Brittani said...

AMEN! could not have been said better.

Chanel said...

Your gonna make people think your house is a disaster, and it is not at all!!!! Stop obsessing about that and be ecstatic that you are a great mom with a house full of fun things to do for both kids and adults alike, and have a home where people want to be!!!! Glad yo had a great summer. Wish I would have had more time to spend with you :(