Saturday, September 25, 2010

Talking myself into...

Seems as if I have been trying to talk myself into many things lately with little success (working out better, eating better, deep cleaning the house...). Today I have to follow through with the thing I am talking myself into. What is that, you might ask? Getting the supplies and "helping" my daughter and her friend work on a project for school. We "get" to make a tooth out of Styrofoam and a tongue out of cake (cuz I'm cheep and ticked I already had to spend $10 on a stupid cube of Styrofoam and don't want to spend another $10+ to do the tongue). A cake will be cheaper and probably the same amount of work. I REALLY don't want to spend my Saturday doing, in mean helping on this project. WHY, and I mean it, do teachers think kids are going to learn so much from sending projects home that parents, I mean kids, do?? Just wondering.

4 comments:

brit said...

Did u know they don't have to do it? it is just for extra credit. totally voluntary. too late now, i guess you are already done:( i agree though, not a big fan of these types of projects!

Brittani said...

nice! I wonder that too!

Chels said...

I know it is, but she needs the extra credit. She was out sick and turned in her papers and apperently one got lost, so she has a zero. Lame!

Kristy Graff said...

thanks so much for doing this though. i know your dying for me to come home so you dont have to be the mother of my 3 kids too! youre the best though!