Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day

YES it was the first day of school and no I haven't posted pictures yet. I did take them, but Britt has my camera so Scott and I could go running right after dropping the kids off and not have to swing by the house. The kids were cute, all excited and nervous about the new year. Scott was able to walk the kids to school with me, he got off shift at 6 and decided to take the opportunity to go with the kids on their first day. As we arrived we saw James and the kids were thrilled, she was not thrilled with me taking picture though. We walked them to their lines, and immediately boys were trying to show off for Harley and she was trying hard to ignore them. She met up with Kaylee and Jacei and was off, luckily they are all in the same class Mrs. Barnett. Then we walked Noah to his line and waited, then met his teacher Mrs. Solomon. We walked him to the door and then headed off for a run. Which Scott smoked my out-of-shape (or too big of a shape) over-weight butt. Then we came home ate breakfast (while watching obsessed) and cleaned up. Then I scrubbed and reorganized the kids bathroom. Then I decided I was tired of the dirty skylight and would attempt to clean it, which was a show. It was a circus act trying to get the ginormous ladder out of the garage that was wedged between the Jeep, huge boards of wood and who knows what else. Then I finally got the ladder in the skylight and the clean and finished painting the the thousand degree heat, up high, trying not to pass out from either thing. As I was cleaning up the kids arrived home from school and needed a little break. Then it was off to buy shoes for soccer, school, and church. The kids feet have grown a ton. Scott then met us at Fudrucker's for dinner and shakes to talk about the first day of school. On our way out the kids and I hoped in a photo booth and took silly pictures that will forever remind us of this day. All in all it was a good day. The kids enjoyed it, but weren't trilled about the work. They like their new Music teacher. Are nervous for tomorrow and cried over homework. We are back to school for sure and soccer starts tomorrow.

5 comments:

Brittani said...

how fun that you took the pictures in the booth...here we go!!!!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Can't believe it is that time of year already-sounds like the kids had a good first day.

brit said...

still jealous that you got to go run with your husband after you got kids off to school. i wish i could get jeff to run with me. glad the kids had a good first day.

The Nielson's said...

I know how obsessed you are about taking pictures. Thought I'd let you know that I tried to take pics of Ry and East for their first day of school yesterday and they refused! I've taught them well. :)

Chanel said...

SOunds like a busy but good day!