Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Scott cooking
My paintball boys

I don't know why, but I don't particularly enjoy the holidays. Once they are here I guess I enjoy them. I just tend to work myself up about all I have to do with school parties, church parties, work parties, shopping, cleaning house, and a million other things there is to do. I was in an exceptionally bad mood this year heading up for Thanksgiving with the the family in Price. I just felt like there were still a million things to do and no time to unwind. I also hate driving. It makes me a nervous wreck, just ask poor Scott. They need to prescribe me a pill so I can chill out. Once we hit Price we all had a good time and I really don't know what I was stressed about. We had a great dinner on Thursday and a lot of relaxing. The little boys took the paintball guns out to shoot at tree, since the big boy didn't want to go out in the cold and rain. They were so cute. Noah was so excited to get to be included in the big boy stuff. They returned after using all the paintballs they were allowed and then hung out. Scott even attempted making his beloved Egg Nog Pie. He got it right the second try with a little help. Those were the only pictures I took of the weekend. I am lame. When it comes to Thanksgiving I vow each year to take pictures and fail to each year. There is something in my brain that just has a big huge fart and I forget to take pictures. I think it is all the dread of the holidays. We pretty much stayed up all night that night so we could hit the sales on Friday. After scoping out Walmart to figure out where they had the things everyone was needing, we headed home to get the kids to bed. By the time Noah fell asleep there really was no point of going to sleep, because Amber wanted to meet at 2:30 so we could be some of the first people in line. We gave her a hard time, but we showed up (Linda, Trent, Jeff and I). We got there and set up our stuff. Unfortunately, there were already two extremely annoying ladies already there who quickly informed us they had at least 20 more people coming that they saved places for. Then I meet some cool ladies behind us in line and tried to visit with them so the ladies up front wouldn't get on my nerves. Needless to say as the night wore on and the sleep deprivation set in I was getting extremely cranky and annoyed with these ladies. Then their annoying crew showed up and got even more obnoxious. I think they were all drunk, which is what I needed to be (actually they were sober and just acted like 40 year old high school girls). The more annoying they got the more mouthy I got. Lack of sleep is not good for me. Thankfully they only showed up maybe 30 mins before the store opened, but a lot of people were irritate that they cut, it bothered me they cut but their annoying high schoolness put me over the edge, with lack of sleep. Needless to say we got what people needed and didn't need and then headed of to check out a few more stores and got breakfast. I was pretty much useless after that for the rest of the trip, I just wanted to sleep. So that day Scott took the kids paintballing, they both got hit and Harley had the bruise to prove it. They had a blast. Then the stomach flu hit and that was about when it was time to head home, so Monday we recouped and got feeling better and it is back to life.

No comments: