Monday, December 29, 2008

And so it begins...

I officially started to train for the half marathon I am running (hopefully the whole way) today. Boy am I out of shape, or in a round one as Scott would say. My training today way a two mile run, not bad. I didn't want to go out in the cold and didn't feel like going to the college and renewing my membership, so I used Mom's elliptical. After about 1/2 a mile I was ready to quit. But I didn't, I did the two miles and a little cool down. I think my heart rate was way to high when I'd measure it on the machine and prayed I wouldn't pass out and would just finish. After I finish a mile I started to feel good again, my muscles were warming up. We'll see if I can move tomorrow though. Hopefully Wednesday I will get my butt to the college and actually run, it's 2 miles again. Then we'll see how I'll do. For the next while I'll be writing a lot on my journey to the half marathon, What was I thinking?!?! Oh yeah, that's my life's motto.

1 comment:

brit said...

Yea! i just ran today too! btw, the college is closed wednesday and thursday. good luck!