Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome weekend

The weekend is my favorite time of the week. When ever I get anyone up on Friday, I tell them "Guess what! Today is Friday!!!" To which the kids reply, "We know Mom." in the you are so annoying voice. What can I say I love it. I don't have to be up if I don't' want to, usually I am, but I don't have to be. I try not to clean (I always hated spending Saturday on chores growing up), and my house and yard show it. But hey, I figure I only have a short amount of time before my kids are grown and gone. The dirt isn't going anywhere, no matter how hard I try it always finds its way back home. the clutter stays despite my efforts. The weeds, oh the weeds, they just can't get enough of us. The battle never ends, but I try to choose and not focus on it over the blessed weekend. I don't have to share my husband and kids (most of the time), unless I choose to. I'm sure everyone feels this way, but it is the day I look forward to every Sunday night. I dread the start of the week. I even feels this way in the summer, when the kids are here. I just love having Scott around. Even if he feels like I nag the entire time, which I sure he does. It is the only day I really feel a slight, every so tiny bit of motivation to clean the house. Let's face it, within 30 seconds of getting home Noah will have dumped 1/2 the playground dirt all over my house (by the way how does the school keep getting more?) and the tornado, aka Harley, will hit with a furry like no other, but I love it. I just can't wait to get the weekend started. Only and hour 'till the kids are home and hopefully no more then 3 'till Scott's home and the party begins. OK party is stretching it, but it feels like a party to not have to get up and make breakfast three different time and pack three lunches. Truthfully my family has to inform me they are about to starve to death for me to consider cooking on the weekend (I HATE TO COOK). Life is good, all because it is FRIDAY!!!!!!

No comments: