Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

This should be my life's motto. I always seem to do things and think, "What the heck was I thinking?" Everyone who knows me, knows this well. I finally decided that I am tired of getting old, being tired all the time and over weight. I can't do anything about getting old,but maybe the being tired and overweight thing can be changed. So, I am going to start working out. Maybe sign up for a 5K in November and a 1/2 marathon in the spring. If I pay to do this then I have to work out and not waste my money. Let me just say I started running the little I can this week and I am more tired then ever. I am more sore then I can ever remember thinking. Maybe I don't mind being over weight. OK, I do mind, but come on this hurts. I have even less ambition to clean my house, which I didn't think was possible, and I just want to sit on my couch the rest of the day and go to bed at 8 and not get up in the morning. All I have to say is this better be worth it in the end. I know I have only been doing my training for four days, nothing, and I don't plan on stopping, but this sucks. I wish I had Mikael here to go out with me. I don't feel intimidate that I am slowing her up. I can talk her into doing lunges down the street and looking like a retard with me. Most important of all the conversation is always good. I'm am by far the least fit of all my friends and don't want to work out with them. I just hope that I can be in decent shape when Britt starts to train with me, and not slow her up too much. Oh well. I just wanted to write how much it sucks to be out of shape and then try and get back in shape after not working out on a consistent basis for the past 11-12 years. Maybe tomorrow I can walk around without looking like I have a stick shovel up my butt from being so sore. If not, at least I entertain people or make them feel good about themselves and their ability to walk normal. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Hey! I am excited you started a blog. They are fun. You should do the turkey trot 5k in Durango. It is hard getting back in shape, you're doing awesome though keep it up.

Mikael Squire said...

You crack me up! I was just telling a couple of girls here how i never miss my parents, but i always miss my siblings! I would totally be out there huffing and puffing with you. Everytime I go out and walk around here I always think of you. The only thing that could make Jerualem better would be having my sisters here! I have felling we could get in some real trouble...

Chels said...

That is true. We would leave a trail of trouble you could follow.